Special occasions are times when we want to look our best but it is also important to feel great and not be stressed or tired when we actually get to that event. Whenever you have a special occasion there is always some stress when it comes to what to wear, beauty and makeup. We all have our habits for getting ready when it comes to the day of the event and prior, but in reality some people are more organized than others. Read on to learn some of the most essential beauty and preparation tips to look great for that special event without so much stress and worry that it will ruin the entire occasion.
1. Get a professional pedicure and manicure at a salon a couple of days prior to the event.
2. Shop early for the outfit, including any and all accessories. If you will be wearing panty hose then buy at least one back up pair in case the first one runs as you put them on.
3. Pick out all the various accessories you will want to wear once you have purchased the outfit, including, shoes, jewelry and handbag.
4. Try everything on, including shoes, pantyhose, the outfit and any accessories at least a week before and make sure everything looks great and feels comfortable.
5. Play around with your makeup a few days before. Take notes if needed or set aside the products you will use on the day of the event to get ready. Decide if you will be going for dramatic eyes or a more subtle look. If you will be using intricate makeup for the occasion and you are not used to that type of makeup application, then check out some makeup video guides to learn how to do it and practice.
6. Set all your clothes, jewelry and accessories out the night before. Staying organized is one of the best ways to make sure that you look great, stay calm and enjoy yourself on your night out.
7. Make sure to lay out all the makeup products, including perfume, and any tools you need so they will be ready and at hand when you begin to put on your cosmetics.
8. Take a long bath and relax the day of the event before getting ready.
9. Exfoliate your facial skin and neck. A good exfoliant clears away dead skin cells and makes the face radiant, which in turn makes makeup apply and look better, making the finished product flawless and spectacular.
10. Start getting ready at least 2 hours before you have to leave, this is especially important when you are wearing makeup. This way you can take your time, and not be rushed and if you run into any problems you will have time to deal with them.
Using these beauty tips can allow you to look your best, feel secure about your appearance and not be stressed out and crazed the day of the event. Lastly, remember to have fun, smile and feel great about how you look at the event.